Monday, July 4, 2011

Writing Conferencing Session With Kara Mason

Today was a thought provoking session on how I run conferencing for writing. I am currently trying to do individual conferences.

After todays session I want to move to doing writingin groups, I am thinking that I will be chaning it to doing it into their learning groups. One thought that has stuck with me is that I want to run the procedure in one run and then a plan for other areas such as focuses that come from the matrix.

My next step would be to make sure that my conferences are focused and teaching the students something. I want to move to having two days a week when I see two groups each day and then one session on inquiry focus writing. Then I would spend the next two days teaching the matrix focus, with one group doing the inquiry writing.

It has made me think about how I am planning for my week with reading, writing and maths. My thoughts that I am going to try next term using her formative assessment sheets rather than having it on my planning. I also think that I need to move my kids to daily tasks rather than week as I don't think that they are doing enough writing.

I am thinking that with my differenated programme I need to give things out daily and the tasks need to vary between groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment